Why you should become a Mesquite Police Officer
- Civil Service agency
- In-house Mesquite Police Academy
- Specialized units
- Individually assigned equipment including Glock pistol, Colt AR-15 rifle, and portable radio
- Lateral transfer pay incentive
- 11 paid hoidays, 15 vacation days per year
- Health and life insurance programs
- Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) matched 2 to 1 by City of Mesquite
- Eligible for retirement after 20 years
- 457K retirement package (optional)
- Relocation reimbursement up to $2,500 (within the city limits of Mesquite)
- Not less than 21 and not more than 50 years of age. Lateral candidates not less than 21 and not more than 55.
- Vision at least 20/70 uncorrected in each eye and correctable to 20/20 with no color blindness
- Successful completion of 30 hours of college credit
- 2 years active military or police duty with honorable discharge reduces college requirement to 0 hours.
- 18 months of full time employment at the City of Mesquite reduces college requirment to 0 hours.